I think it’s fair to say that 2016 has been…challenging. Wading through the filth of this year has left me feeling grubby, and more than a little depressed.
So this week I set myself a challenge: find things that make me cheerful. Things that made me smile, or laugh, or generally made the day a little less bleak.
- Yesterday, the sky was a brilliant blue when I went to buy lunch.
- This joke: why don’t milkmen wear flip flops? Because they lactose.
- Walking past an office and seeing the three occupants in paroxysms of laughter. Tears rolling down their faces. No idea what was so funny, but I enjoyed their mirth!
- My friend Archer sent me the most beautiful Harris tweed scarf. It is absolutely gorgeous!
- Tonight, Ma and Pa are taking me out for dinner and then to a concert.
- I had dinner with the Voldys on Wednesday, and loved every minute. Lord Voldy is a splendid cook, and we had homemade naan and tandoori chicken. Gold star for that man
- I met an eye surgeon who thinks he might be able to do something about my eyes and their bulgy-ness from thyroid eye disease.
Not such a bad week after all….!